Water Vapor Permeation Analyzer Lyssy L80-5000
Easy and reliable permeation of water vapor in applications such as non-woven materials.
The L80-5000 analyzers have been used successfully for decades in many laboratories. Simple to use with a reliable testing principle and low maintenance this instrument is a cost effective solution. The Lyssy L80 can measure high permeability materials using special sample cards. It is extremely quick and the more permeable the sample the shorter the measuring time. In addition to its short testing times and wide measurement range, it offers a high degree of accuracy.
The accuracy and wide measuring range of 0.03 - 10,000 g/m2/day are achieved by using a highly sensitive and reliable humidity sensor which is located directly in the measuring chamber. This test method offers the best reproduction of real-life conditions, since no carrier gas or extractive measuring technique is used.
The humidity sensor is very stable, regardless of the humidity range in which it is operated. As a result, the L80-5000 alternates quickly and easily between low and high permeability measurements. Typically, the change can be done in one hour or less using the 'Simulated Test standard' function.
- Industry : Packaging
- Gas : Water Vapor
- Application : Permeation
- Measurement range : 0.03 - 10,000 g/m2/day
- Test temperature range : 5 to 70°C (41 to 158°F)
- Humidity : 10% or 35% RH in measuring chamber (equivalent to 90% or 65% RH differential over the sample)
- Dimensions : 480 x 400 x 470 mm
- Weight : 26 kg
Features and benefits
- Easy to use operator interface
- Simple to operate due to the high degree of automation
- Fast and accurate test results
- Broad testing range covering low and high permeability
- Automatic equilibrium detection
- Automatic temperature control
- Easy set-up of test parameters and sample data
- Easy to use test sample holders
- Built-in printer allows for easy test documentation
- Low degree of maintenance
- Barriers on SiOx substrate
- Metallized packaging foils
- Impermeable fabrics
- Surgical and hygienic membrane
- PUR-coated fabrics for nursing
- Roofing felt and roofing water vapour barrier
- Stable fibre coatings and coated papers